Seismic Protection for Buildings and Other Infrastructure
A.D.A.P.T.™ SuperNANO™ coatings are utilized to protect masonry substrates from the shear forces created during a seismic event. SuperNANO™ is a high-build coating, and due to the process in which SuperNANO™ is applied, it mimics the existing nuances of the façade of the substrate. This unique characteristic is key to the concealment of the protective treatment, and provides for a very aesthetically pleasing final result, much more so in respect to other types of lesser-effective protective alternatives.
How A.D.A.P.T.™ SuperNANO™ strengthens and enhances masonry structures by reducing or eliminating the substrate’s failure elements:
- Application of an internal and external SuperNANO™ coating creates a monolithic barrier that encapsulates the structure, dramatically increasing the shear capabilities by redistribution of the horizontal kinetic energies generated during seismic activity.
- Monolithic barrier of SuperNANO™ coating greatly increases the structural integrity of the substrate by simply constricting the individual movement of the structural components, allowing the entire structure to move in a unidirectional manner, reducing the possible separation and displacement characteristics typical in untreated masonry structures.
- SuperNANO™ coating will minimize the adverse structural effects of the seismic event, therefore, the integrity of the structure, post event, will be more structurally sound in comparison to a similar, untreated masonry structure.
- Creates a monolithic barrier
- Constricts movement of components
- Reduce separation and displacement
- Maintain post event structure integrity